This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sources out of order

All of my sources are now appearing at the end of my notes. Has anyone else has this problem?
    How can I go back to having my sources appear after each entry? This just happened out of the blue...

Re: Sources out of order

Originally posted by k nielsen View Post
    All of my sources are now appearing at the end of my notes. Has anyone else has this problem?
    How can I go back to having my sources appear after each entry? This just happened out of the blue...
    Have you done anything with a GEDCOM file - e.g. exported your data and then reimported it?

That would cause this to happen.

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by k nielsen View Post
      As the Kiwi suggested, this problem usually occurs whenever a GEDCOM file is imported in to Reunion. It also the reason I always use seperated notes. One note, one source at the end. (Or two if they cite the same material.) In any case the citation(s) always go at the end of the text.

BTW, you can have any number of notes, including several with the same name (like Story).
      Arnold
      -----
      RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
        Have you done anything with a GEDCOM file - e.g. exported your data and then reimported it?

That would cause this to happen.

Roger
        Thanks Roger. That is exactly what I did. I went in and opened a backup file and resurrected my file. I will not do that again. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by AE Palmer View Post
          As the Kiwi suggested, this problem usually occurs whenever a GEDCOM file is imported in to Reunion. It also the reason I always use seperated notes. One note, one source at the end. (Or two if they cite the same material.) In any case the citation(s) always go at the end of the text.

BTW, you can have any number of notes, including several with the same name (like Story).
          Thank you Arnold for your tips. Yes that is what I did...imported a GEDCOM. I will not do that again.

Comment

I do what is shown in the attached screen shot, since I suffer the same problem when I export my data for publication on my TNG site - all the sources are linked to the note overall, but not to the specific place.

You can see this in effect on my site here

I have considered switching to using a new instance of the note for each new note so one source one note, but haven't decided if I want to invest that effort or not.

Roger
            Attached Files
            Roger Moffat
            http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
            http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

As the Kiwi suggested, this problem usually occurs whenever a GEDCOM file is imported in to Reunion....
              Just to clarify for anybody monitoring this thread....

The problem described by the original poster is a result of limitations in the GEDCOM standard.

It happens when a GEDCOM file is exported by Reunion (or any other genealogy software) and then that GEDCOM file is imported by Reunion (or any other genealogy software) -- and it only applies to source citations within the body of a note field (which is a feature supported by Reunion).
              Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X