This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button vs. list views, and text alignment in lists

I just upgraded from Reunion 9 to Reunion 11 (never used 10). One of the features I really liked about Reunion 9 was the ability to view children and parents as lists instead of buttons. I found it much easier to quickly compare data between people as you can just scan quickly down a column vs. having to jump from button to button and find the same field in each button. In Reunion 11, it appears that it is possible to view children in a list, but parents must always be buttons. Have I missed something?

In Reunion 9's child & parent list views, fields containing numbers like age and date were right-aligned (or maybe it was an option I enabled). In Reunion 11 it appears everything is left-aligned and I haven't yet figured out a way to make them right-aligned. This makes it harder to scan down a list of birth dates, for example, and quickly see how the years differ. Your eyes have to wiggle back and forth as the years don't line up down the right-hand side. See the attached screenshot for an example of what I mean. Is it possible to make Reunion 11 align numeric fields to the right?

While we're at it, is there a way to turn off the gradient effect? I like having the hints of color but find the gradient a bit distracting, especially in the list view (it makes more sense for buttons).
    Attached Files

Re: Button vs. list views, and text alignment in lists

Beginning in Reunion 10, parents (top of the family view) were no longer viewable in a list. You can see them side-by-side, or stacked.

At the same time, alignment of fields in the list of children moved to the left.

It's been a while, but I think these changes were driven by the sheer number and variety of fields that could be included for each child/parent (beginning in Reunion 10). i.e., when you can opt to include just about any field or attribute for each child in a list, then choosing different alignments for each field quickly grows unwieldy.

The gradient applied to buttons and lists can't be disabled; but you can get almost the same effect (using Preferences > Family View > Miscellaneous) by lightening substantially the "sex colors" (using the color wheel and, for example, decreasing the saturation).
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X