This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy

I'm in the process of preparing my data to post on-line. I've marked a number of generations from an original ancestor to limit how far down the line I include. My group still includes some living people. In a few families, all the members except one, are shown as 'Private' because they are still alive. The one member of the family has passed away. The person's data shows a birth and death date and is therefore no longer shown as 'Private'. All the information for that person will be shown. In a few cases, I would like to be able to mark such a person as 'Private' In this example, is there any way to indicate that such persons, even, though they do not meet the criteria for being marked 'Private", can be marked 'Private'' i.e. is there any way to individually over-ride the criteria on a case by case basis? I could remove the death date but this requires keeping two sets of information. I could unmark the person, but that would exclude them from being exported and they would simply not be shown. Is there any way to over-ride the criteria and say: I want this person included in my gedcom but shown as 'Private' even though the birth & death date would not show them as such?
    Thanks
    bbullock

Re: Privacy

Originally posted by bbullock View Post
    Is there any way to over-ride the criteria and say: I want this person included in my gedcom but shown as 'Private' even though the birth & death date would not show them as such?
    Sure. You set their "Private" flag, and set the Reunion Preferences (under "Privacy and Sensitivity Preferences") to consider private all "People withthis flag checked: Private".

You could also set the preferences to consider all marked people private.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
    X