This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find Pane

I've been trying to create some customised Finds in Reunion 11.0.6.

I create a "custom find" and it works, but when I go back into the Find "Pane" and select one of my custom finds, the find options aren't what I created.

What am I doing wrong ?

Re: Find Pane

At the bottom of the preset list over on the left, click the + sign. Give your find a name. Click anywhere else and your new find is saved and you go to the preset list to use it in the future.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      At the bottom of the preset list over on the left, click the + sign. Give your find a name. Click anywhere else and your new find is saved and you go to the preset list to use it in the future.
      Bob, thanks for the reply.

That's how I've been trying to create the "Finds" but they don't stick....

Comment

Dumb question here: After you chose your criteria, did you execute a find? And then click the + sign? My experience with this tells me that when you click the + sign it is saving the criteria for the last find performed. I might be wrong. If you haven't tried that, give it a go.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          Dumb question here: After you chose your criteria, did you execute a find? And then click the + sign? My experience with this tells me that when you click the + sign it is saving the criteria for the last find performed. I might be wrong. If you haven't tried that, give it a go.
          Thanks Bob

Thats the solution. Leister needs to update the manual methinks. :-)

Comment

Just to be clear, you don't need to do a find before saving the preset; as the manual states:

After you configure the Find panel for a particular search, you can save the configuration as a preset by clicking the Add button (+), at the bottom of the presets.
            The key is to configure the Find, then click the Add button (not click the Add button, then configure the Find). I've done a few tests and it does appear to be working as indicated in the manual. If it's not working that way for you, please let us know.

Thanks,
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Just to be clear, you don't need to do a find before saving the preset; as the manual states:

The key is to configure the Find, then click the Add button (not click the Add button, then configure the Find). I've done a few tests and it does appear to be working as indicated in the manual. If it's not working that way for you, please let us know.

Thanks,
              I was doing it backwards I guess.

It would be nice if the Find interface was a little more intuitive ?

Comment

Working...
              X