This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gedcom options

I'm in the process of downloading a gedcom to use in setting up a website. I would like to be able to limit the download to a specific number of generations. I know other software programs allow that as an option. From what I see, Reunion options are either: a) all people or b) marked people. Is there any way I can do a gedcom and limit the download to say 8 generations?

Bob Bullock

Re: gedcom options

Marking is the key to getting what you want. The best way I know to accomplish what you are trying to do is to to navigate to the person you want to start with. Select the "Mark" tab on the left. You have options of Paternal Ancestors, Maternal Ancestors, Ancestors, and Descendants that you can choose. After choosing your preference for the list you are making, set Generations to the number you desire and make sure that you have the "Unmark everybody first" option set. Click the "Mark" button and the folks you want to export in the GEDCOM are selected. Now proceed to export the marked individuals in a GEDCOM.

Richard

Comment

Re: gedcom options

Hi Richard,
      Thanks for the detailed instructions. This is exactly what I was looking for. Your assistance is appreciated.

Bob

Comment

Working...
      X