This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia formats for Book?

Can the book format support MP3 and/or Mv4 files formats for embedding audio or video into the pdf that is created?

If so has anyone actually done it and can you comment on or describe the process?

I have audio interviews that I would like to include and I recognize that any file's size must be considered in creating the pdf in an effort to keep it a manageable size.

Re: Multimedia formats for Book?

From the Reunion Help File: "Supported media files include: image files (all types), PDF files, RTF files, and plain text files."

So, to include any other media types, you would need to be able to edit the 'final' PDF version of your Book in an external application to add links to associated media files. LibreOffice/OpenOffice may be able to do that unless, of course, you have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro. You would also need to consider that not all PDF readers are capable of playing back sound and video files, so you may have to advise recipients of the Book that they may need to install a specific app, such as Adobe Reader, to hear/see linked media.

Mervyn

Comment

Re: Multimedia formats for Book?

Thanks for the information Mervyn. That makes sense. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
      X