This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures - move to folder automatically

Is there a way that I cam make it move pictures I add to a person's media to be automatically copied to my media folder on dropbox. It leaves the image on the folder it's stored in. I have learned it does move it if I drag directly from safari into Reunion but if it's on my desktop or another folder it links to the current location.

Allen

Re: Pictures - move to folder automatically

No way to move picture files automatically to a designated location. The idea is that Reunion lets you put them wherever you want, and organize them however you prefer. And Reunion just keeps track of where they are.

Dragging from Safari (as well as adding pix on a device) are special circumstances where Reunion needs to have a place to drop a copy of the image.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      No way to move picture files automatically to a designated location. The idea is that Reunion lets you put them wherever you want, and organize them however you prefer. And Reunion just keeps track of where they are.

Dragging from Safari (as well as adding pix on a device) are special circumstances where Reunion needs to have a place to drop a copy of the image.
      Are you saying that if I park a photo on the desktop and drag it onto a 'Person' that Reunion will not only put the photo on the 'Person', but also put the photo in the Reunion 'Pictures' Folder and then update the Dropbox? pkg?

Comment

Originally posted by pforbes View Post
        Are you saying that if I park a photo on the desktop and drag it onto a 'Person' that Reunion will not only put the photo on the 'Person', but also put the photo in the Reunion 'Pictures' Folder and then update the Dropbox? pkg?
        If you have a picture file on the Desktop and you drag and drop that onto a person in your family file, then Reunion will "link" to that picture file. It doesn't move that picture anywhere. It's still sitting on your Desktop. But if you subsequently move that picture file into another folder, Reunion will keep track of the new location.

For a detailed explanation, search the manual for: multimedia 101
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          If you have a picture file on the Desktop and you drag and drop that onto a person in your family file, then Reunion will "link" to that picture file. It doesn't move that picture anywhere. It's still sitting on your Desktop. But if you subsequently move that picture file into another folder, Reunion will keep track of the new location.

For a detailed explanation, search the manual for: multimedia 101
          If I close reunion and move the photo it will find it? Kind of confused... how does Reunion know i moved it unless I leave it up and running and move it. I am curious it this a mac thing that informs the programs of moved files? I'm still pretty new to mac over PC.

Thanks in advance for your help on this, I'm learning new things every day.

Allen

Comment

Working...
          X