This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age display on family card

While showing ReunionTouch to my friends at my genealogy discussion group last night, I noticed that people who had a long ago birth date (like in the early 1800s), but no death date, were shown with wildly inappropriate ages in their family card box -- 177 years, 186 years, etc.

Looked for a preference setting inside RT to ignore ages greater than 110 or so, but could not find any preferences (except for the ones accessed with the tool icon) inside the app itself. Checked for an RT panel inside the Settings app, but there isn't one.

Is this simply a glitch, or am I looking in the wrong spot?
    Mike Phelps
    Goodyear, AZ
    Researching: PHELPS, WATKINS, SPENCER, ALSFASSER, WEMHOENER, BLANCHARD, MARQUETTE, CHAVEZ, VALENZUELA

Re: Age display on family card

Hi,

I don't know if there is a built in solution, but it is for this very reason that if I don't know the actual death date, I always date it as 'bef' 100 years after the birthdate. If I ever find that any of these lived to a greater age than 100 then I will change it

Fiona

Comment

Mike: I hadn't noticed it but mine is doing exactly the same. Looks to me like you found a bug. Maybe we can have a "who has the oldest displayed age on ReunionTouch" game!
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

In Reunion->Preferences, select "Dates", then the Feasibility Checking tab. In the Living Age section set the Age greater than xxx to 100 or 110 or whatever.
        Joe M. Oglesby
        http://MeriwetherSociety.org

Comment

Originally posted by jmo View Post
          In Reunion->Preferences, select "Dates", then the Feasibility Checking tab. In the Living Age section set the Age greater than xxx to 100 or 110 or whatever.
          Joe, that is only for Reunion. It doesn't seem to effect ReunionTouch. I have my Reunion set to 105 years because my brother-in-law's mother is still living at 101 and going for at least 102, like a cousin of hers!

I can't find anything in the ReunionTouch preferences to do that.

So, I, too, have the "bug" that shows how old someone is today, if there is no death date. I also noticed that, if I have put the b.year as "abt", there is no age indicated. It's only when there is a full or partial (Month & Year) b.date. WHOOPS, just tried someone else who had an "abt" and then a year. Her age shows as of today. So, there must be some other things going on, too.
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

I am having the same problem, but the issue does not extend to Reunion 11, where the preference for feasibility checking and living people seems to work -- it's only in ReunionTouch.

Comment

Working...
            X