This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Direct Line - where is it?

One of the new features listed for Reunion 11 is called "Mark Direct Line" but I cannot find it anywhere and have not been able to find it in the manual either. What am I missing? I'm using Reunion 11.0.1 under OS X 10.10.3.
    Bruce Winton Christopher
    Environment: Reunion 14 build 240325; macOS 10.15.7
    bruce@bwchristopher.com

Re: Mark Direct Line - where is it?

Originally posted by Bruce Christopher View Post
    One of the new features listed for Reunion 11 is called "Mark Direct Line" but I cannot find it anywhere and have not been able to find it in the manual either. What am I missing? I'm using Reunion 11.0.1 under OS X 10.10.3.
    Go to the mark page - click on the question mark at the bottom and type "direct line" (without quotes) and how to do it appears in the top result for me (Showing Direct Lines by Making Children Bold).

Kaye

Comment

Choose Help > New Features. It's about the 20th item in the list, and includes a link to the explanation in the manual.

In a nutshell, it's a new button that appears when you do...
      Find
      Find Relationship Between Two People

If two people are related, the new button marks both people and everybody "between" the two people.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Frank, does this button appear AFTER you've done the Find Relationship action? Because I can't see it before I ask R to do that.

Comment

I'm not Frank but, yes, you have to establish the relationship first. After that, there will be two buttons to the right - Create Chart & Mark Direct Line.

I LOVE the "Create Chart" button! It makes it so easy to create that direct line chart that I love to send to people when they want to know "how are you related?"
          Last edited by kmgenealogy; 08 May 2015, 09:59 AM.
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye Saunders View Post
            Go to the mark page - click on the question mark at the bottom and type "direct line" (without quotes) and how to do it appears in the top result for me (Showing Direct Lines by Making Children Bold).

Kaye
            Kaye - it would appear that “Showing Direct Lines by Making Children Bold” is not the same feature as “Mark Direct Line”; sorry if there was any confusion about what I was looking for.
            Bruce Winton Christopher
            bruce@bwchristopher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              Choose Help > New Features. It's about the 20th item in the list, and includes a link to the explanation in the manual.

In a nutshell, it's a new button that appears when you do...
              Find
              Find Relationship Between Two People

If two people are related, the new button marks both people and everybody "between" the two people.
              Frank - Thanks for reminding me of the “New Features” command. The name of the new feature makes you think it should appear on the “Mark” panel, but now I understand the process.
              Bruce Winton Christopher
              bruce@bwchristopher.com

Comment

Working...
              X