This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding new child

I was about to enter a newly discovered child to a couple that had previously been marked "No Children." I first went to uncheck the "No Children" notation under the add children button, and at that very moment I got one of those Dropbox notifications I get from time to time when I'm working on my family file saying something about some client or cache having changed. Now when I try to add a child to that same couple, it just won't take. If I search in the people list, I see the child I tried to add there (in fact, multiple entries for him, because I kept trying each time no child button would appear under the couple), but the child does not appear there. When I click on any one of these entries for the child in the People list, it takes me to his family card and correctly shows his parents in parent buttons above him, but when I click on the parents, their children field continues to be empty. How can I fix this (and delete the multiple entries that I seem to have created)? Thanks!

P.S. I now notice that each of these entries I've created is showing up as a one person island, even though when I click on the person in the island, it shows him with parents. And I can't move any of these entries to the clipboard to try to delete them, because when I try to do so, I get the message "To remove a child from a family, go to the parents' family record and drag the child button to the clipboard." But of course I can't do that, because the child button doesn't show on the parents' family record, so there's nothing to drag.

So by moving the wife to the clipboard, thereby severing the marriage link between the couple, and then re-adding her as a spouse of the husband, I am now able to correctly add children to the couple. (I only had to manually re-enter the couple's marriage date and place.) But I still can't get rid of all those duplicate islands (there are nine of them), for the reasons I already explained. When I click on them, they are still showing as one-person islands but with that same couple as their parents.

I did it! I was able to mark the duplicate people and choose File - Delete - Marked People. Phew! (Although I still can't figure out why that original couple refused to allow children to be visibly added.)
Working...
X