This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortcuts

I use Reunion mainly with a MacBookPro and since the release of Reunion 10 I lost the ability to use the sortcuts that need number keys, namely "cycling through windows", "changing section" in edit family window, "changing family view". There may be others but I can't think of any right now.
    Due to lack of keypad, it is not possible to use CMD+3 an CMD+4 for these purposes and CMD+SHIFT+3 or CMD+SHITF+4 are already used for screen captures.

Has anybody found a way to save a lot of mousing in these actions ?

By the way converting from R10 to R11 made the size of my main family file decrease from 482 MB down to 53,3 MB (for more than 63 000 persons but hardly 10 linked multimedia files.)
    Maurice Mézière
    Reunion 12
    MacBook Air 1,6GHz 10.14.6
    iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
    ReunionTouch on iPad

Re: Shortcuts

My main computer is a MacBook Pro and Cmd-1, -2, -3, etc, work the same for me in Reunion 10 and Reunion 11, both for family view and in the edit window.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

"cycling through windows", "changing section" in edit family window...
      All the shortcuts you mentioned have not changed.
      Are you using a localized version?
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        All the shortcuts you mentioned have not changed.
        They wouldn't work either with R10.

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        Are you using a localized version?
        No, I use the native version with a French keyboard.

It doesn't stop me from loving Reunion but I keep hoping there's a solution.
        Maurice Mézière
        Reunion 12
        iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
        ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
          My main computer is a MacBook Pro and Cmd-1, -2, -3, etc, work the same for me in Reunion 10 and Reunion 11, both for family view and in the edit window.
          Sorry, but CMD+1... has no effect on my computer.

After another try I understand that I can use CMD+SHIFT+number providing I do not use figures 3 and 4.
          Maurice Mézière
          Reunion 12
          iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
          ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Hi,
            Just a thought, but have you got the "Full Keyboard Access" turned on?

To see go to Ststem Prefs >Keyboard > Shortcuts and at the bottom you can gain
            full keyborad access by selecting "All Controls"
            If you select Keyboard in the left column there are other combinations which work using
            control+other keys.

Another possibility is to just select Keyboard (in System Prefs) and then check the
            "use all F1, F2, keys etc."

It works on my B/T keyboard

Alan
            iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

I just visited the Manual to learn more about the available shortcuts ...... there are many! However, they don't work on my MacBook Pro, OS 10.10.3. The only ones that seem to work are the Command+2, 3, and 4 in the Edit Person window. Those switch the tab to Events, Facts, Notes, and Flags as expected. I haven't tried all the shortcuts, but every one I have tried, has not worked.

By the way, I have noticed that when I type a search item in that field in the Manual, such as Shortcuts, that does not work for me either. I have to manually find and select Shortcuts from the Contents. That has been the case whenever I try to find anything in the Manual. Is this specific to my computer or a problem for others, too?
              Kathy
              Reunion 13
              MacBook Air, Mac OS 13.5.2

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy C View Post
                ...they don't work on my MacBook Pro, OS 10.10.3
                I have the Mac Book Air with Mac OS X 10.10.3 and every shortcut works as expected. Likewise, the manual search field works too.

re Shortcuts...
                It's possible that your System Prefs > Keyboard > Shortcuts may have some conflicting shortcuts which are over-riding Reunion. Or, 3rd party screen-capture apps will do the same thing; they'll use some default shortcuts that will over-ride application shortcuts. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

re Manual Searching...
                So far, nobody has reported any problem searching the manual. Just to be sure, after entering a word into the manual's search box, you need to press Return/Enter key.
                Frank Leister
                Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

The oddest thing ..... The shortcuts are all working now and also the search function in the Manual. All I did was to restart Reunion 11. It has been started and quit several tines already since the upgrade from 10. But, this time was different in that it asked for my default word processor and web browser. It never did before. After confirming those, all the shortcuts work. Makes you want to go, hmmmm. Anyway, I'm glad it's working.
                  Kathy
                  Reunion 13
                  MacBook Air, Mac OS 13.5.2

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                    Hi,
                    Just a thought, but have you got the "Full Keyboard Access" turned on?

To see go to System Prefs >Keyboard > Shortcuts and at the bottom you can gain
                    full keyborad access by selecting "All Controls"
                    If you select Keyboard in the left column there are other combinations which work using
                    control+other keys.

Alan
                    I selected "All Controls" but I couldn't see any change.
                    CMD+1, CMD+2, ... still don't work.

Acording to Frank's suggestion, I changed the CMD+SHIFT+3/4 shortcuts to be able to use them with Reunion. Changing the habits should be the only trouble now.

Thanks again to all.
                    Maurice Mézière
                    Reunion 12
                    iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
                    ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Working...
                    X